- Example Display Recognition
- Applicable Military Branches
- Display Types
- Issue Requirements
- Issue Regulations
- Who May Apply
- Administration Processing and Delivery
- How To Apply For This Display Recognition and/or Medal
- Mailing Address
- Other Display Recognitions
- World War II Websites
Example Display Recognition:
Actual Size: 8 1/2 x 11
All Five Service Branches, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard,
Marine and Navy are Applicable.
All Military Service branches are applicable:
Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy
Who May Apply
You have four display types to choose from:
Black & White (No Color)
Heavy Bond Enclosure
||Heavy Bond Enclosure|
Trimmed in Appearance Gold
Ready for Mantle or Shelf Display
You must submit the following:
- An unaltered photocopy of your WD AGO 53-55, OR other military issued document clearly displaying World War II foreign or domestic service.
- Contact The War Library if you do not have a WD AGO 53-55: 1-562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone).
This Display Recognition is available ONLY to authorized recipients who possess orders, or authorization form, or release documentation that confirms award eligibility. (See "Issue Requirements"). To obtain either a Display Medal or a Display Recognition for your authorized award you will be required to provide military-issued documentation authorizing your award. There are no exceptions.
You must NOT submit a military issued document or photocopy that:
- has been altered in any way by you after
the original's official issue
- contains information or corrections or
additions that you entered
- lists awards or training you knowingly did not receive
- contains highlighting, colorizing or other markings you entered
Be advised that on request any knowingly fraudulent document sent by you will be released to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) that may result in prosecution and/or fine/imprisonment.
Email Questions, or Phone / Fax: 1-562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone)
Processing and Delivery
||Total||Full Color .PDF (Printable)
||Published Document only (Full Color)
||Published Document in Heavy Bond Enclosure (Full Color)
||Full Color Printable Certificates
on CD-Rom (minimum 20 Certificates)
- Total/Shipping fees, above, apply to 50 U.S. states
- Contact The War Library for international shipping cost
How to Apply
You may apply for your Display Recognition using a...
- Check Debit card (* Shipped within 2-3 days)
- Charge card (* Shipped within 2-3 days)
- Personal, Business, Bank or Cashiers Check ( 3-4 week shipping)
- Money Order (* Shipped within 2-3 days)
(* Upon reception of required documentation)
Complete and MAIL this APPLICATION FORM.
DISPLAY RECOGNITION and/or MEDAL APPLICATION FORM
Don't forget to include an unaltered COPY of your DD-214 or other pre-arranged document(s).
Records Chief (REC-AMW)
The American War Library
817 East Via Carmelitos Ste 319
Long Beach CA 90805-7549
Click here for answers to common questionsEmail: Recognition Inquiry
Telephone: 1-562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone)
Copyright © The American War Library
Military and Veteran Websites
The G.I. Photograph Museum of Honor
Locator Registry Applications
Accessing The Worldwide Military Personnel Database
World War II Victory Medal
Click for larger image
The World War II Victory Medal may be awarded to all members of the Armed Forces of the United States or of the Government of the Philippine Islands who served on active duty in World War II at any time between 7 December 1941 and 31 December 1946, both dates inclusive. (Established by Public Law No. 135 of 6 July 1945.)
Sec. 578.47 World War II Victory Medal.
Established by Act July 6, 1945 (59 Stat. 461; 10 U.S.C. 1430c).
- (a) Description. The medal of bronze is 36 millimeters in diameter. On the obverse is a figure of Liberation standing full length with head turned to dexter looking to the dawn of a new day, right foot resting on a war god's helmet with the hilt of a broken sword in the right hand and the broken blade in the left hand, the inscription "World War II" horizontally placed immediately below center. On the reverse are the inscriptions "Freedom from fear and want" and "Freedom of speech and religion" separated by a palm branch, all within a circle composed of the words "United States of America--1941-1945." The medal is suspended by a ring from a silk moire ribbon 1\3/8\ inches in length and 1\3/8\ inches in width composed of a double rainbow in juxtaposition (\3/8\ inch), white stripe (\1/32\ inch), red band (\9/16\ inch), white stripe (\1/32\ inch), and double rainbow in juxtaposition (\3/8\ inch).
- (b) Requirements. Service between December 7, 1941, and December 31, 1946, both dates inclusive. [13 FR 6802, Nov. 19, 1948]
Go To Top of Page
Go To WW2 Victory Medal Replacement Application Form
Go To Issue Regulations for Other Medals and Badges