All Military Service branches are applicable:
Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy
Sample Display Recognition
Who May Apply
You have four display types to choose from:
Black & White (No Color)
Heavy Bond Enclosure
||Heavy Bond Enclosure|
Ready for Mantle or Shelf Display
You must submit the following:
- An unaltered photocopy of your DD-214 (post WW2), OR unaltered photocopy of WD AGO 53-55 (WW2), OR photocopy of military orders acknowledging completion of Basic military training, OR photocopy of military orders listing a Combat Military Occupational Specialty, OR other military issued document clearly displaying your completion of this military training course.
This Display Recognition is available ONLY to authorized recipients who possess orders, or authorization form, or release documentation that confirms award eligibility. (See "Issue Requirements"). To obtain either a Display Medal or a Display Recognition for your authorized award you will be required to provide military-issued documentation authorizing your award. There are no exceptions.
You must NOT submit a military issued document or photocopy that:
- has been altered in any way by you after
the original's official issue
- contains information or corrections or
additions that you entered
- lists awards or training you knowingly did not receive
- contains highlighting, colorizing or other markings you entered
Be advised that on request any knowingly fraudulent document sent by you will be released to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) that may result in prosecution and/or fine/imprisonment.
Email Questions, or Phone: 1-562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone)
Processing and Delivery
||Total||Full Color .PDF (Printable)
||Document only (Full Color)
||Heavy Bond Enclosure (Full Color)
- Total/Shipping fees, above, apply to 50 U.S. states
- Contact The War Library for international shipping cost
How To Apply
You may apply for your Display Recognition using a...
- Check Debit card (* Shipped within 1 week)
- Charge card (* Shipped within 1 week)
- Personal, Business, Bank or Cashiers Check ( Shipped in 6 weeks)
- Money Order (* Shipped in 6 weeks)
(* Upon reception of required documentation)
Complete and MAIL this APPLICATION FORM.
DISPLAY RECOGNITION and/or MEDAL APPLICATION FORM
Don't forget to include an unaltered COPY of your DD-214 or other pre-arranged document(s).
Records Chief (REC-AMW)
The American War Library
817 East Via Carmelitos Ste 319
Long Beach CA 90805-7549
Click here for answers to common questionsEmail: Compass Reading Trng Inquiry
Telephone: 1-562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone)
Copyright © The American War Library
Military and Veteran Websites
The G.I. Photograph Museum of Honor
Locator Registry Applications
Accessing The Worldwide Military Personnel Database
Compass Reading Training Completion
Go To Top of Page
Click Certificate for larger image
Authorized for completion of Basic Military Training, or a military school or academy instructing in the combat arts, or this Training course.
Go To Issue Regulations for Other Medals and Badges