- Sample Display Recognition
- Display Types
- Issue Requirements
- Issue Regulations
- Who May Apply
- Administration Processing and Delivery
- How To Apply For This Display Recognition and/or Medal
- Mailing Address
- Other Display Recognitions
- Air Force Service Websites
Sample Display Recognition:
Who May Apply
You have four display types to choose from:
Black & White (No Color)
Heavy Bond Enclosure
||Heavy Bond Enclosure|
Colors: Regal, Black, Navy
Trimmed in Appearance Gold
Ready for Mantle or Shelf Display
You must submit the followind:
- An unaltered photocopy of your Report of Separation (DD-214, WD AGO, etc.) If your service with the Military Air Transport Command is not displayed on your Report of Separation you must provide a copy of your Report of Separation -AND- a copy(s) of any military-issued clearly displaying your service with the Military Air Transport Command.
This Display Recognition is available ONLY to authorized recipients who possess orders, or authorization form, or release documentation that confirms award eligibility. (See "Issue Requirements"). To obtain either a Display Medal or a Display Recognition for your authorized award you will be required to provide military-issued documentation authorizing your award. There are no exceptions.
You must NOT submit a military issued document or photocopy that:
- has been altered in any way by you after
the original's official issue
- contains information or corrections or
additions that you entered
- lists awards or training you knowingly did not receive
- contains highlighting, colorizing or other markings you entered
Be advised that on request any knowingly fraudulent document sent by you will be released to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) that may result in prosecution and/or fine/imprisonment.
Email Questions, or Phone: 1-562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone)
Processing and Delivery
||Total||Full Color .PDF (Printable)
||Published Document only (Full Color)
||Heavy Bond Enclosure (Full Color)
- *** USPS Shipping fee based on 1 Certificate shipped to any U.S. state, FPO or APO
- ** USPS Shipping fee based on 1 Certificate shipped to any U.S. state, FPO or APO
- Contact The War Library for international shipping cost
How to Apply
You may apply for your Display Recognition using a...
- Check Debit card (* Shipped within 1 week)
- Charge card (* Shipped within 1 week)
- Personal, Business, Bank or Cashiers Check ( Shipped in 6 weeks)
- Money Order (* Shipped in 6 weeks)
(* Upon reception of required documentation)
Complete and MAIL this APPLICATION FORM.
DISPLAY RECOGNITION and/or MEDAL APPLICATION FORM
Don't forget to include an unaltered COPY of your DD-214, WD AGO 53-55 or other pre-arranged document(s).
Records Chief (REC-AMW)
The American War Library
817 Via Carmelitos
Virginia Building 319
Long Beach CA 90805-7549
Click here for answers to common questionsEmail: Military Air Transport Command Service Display Recognition Inquiry
Telephone: 1-562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone)
Copyright © The American War Library
Military and Veteran Websites
The G.I. Photograph Museum of Honor
Locator Registry Applications
Accessing The Worldwide Military Personnel Database
Military Air Transport Command Service
The Military Air Transport Service (MATS) was a major command of the United States Air Force established on 1 June 1948, replacing the Air Transport Command (ATC). MATS was a consolidation of the United States Navy Naval Air Transport Service (NATS) and the United States Air Force Air Transport Command (ATC) into a single, joint, unified command. MATS was deactivated on 1 January 1966 due to the withdrawal of the naval units and the demands of the expanding Vietnam War. MATS Air Force assets were assigned to the new Military Airlift Command (MAC).
Click for larger image
Authorized to all military and civilian personnel in service with or under command of the Military Air Transport Command. (Unit awards apply to members who served during the unit's award period. See Meritorious, Valorous, Presidential, Superior, Outstanding and other unit award categories.)
- Established as Air Corps Ferrying Command on May 29, 1941.
Redesignated: Army Air Forces Ferry Command on March 9, 1942
- Redesignated: Army Air Forces Ferrying Command on March 31, 1942
- Redesignated: Air Transport Command on July 1, 1942
- Established and activated as Military Air Transport Service on 1 June 1948
- Mission and operational control of Air Transport Command, established on 29 May 1941, consolidated into organization same date.
- Air Transport command discontinued and inactivated same date.
- Mission and operational control of Naval Air Transport Service, established on 12 December 1941, consolidated into organization same date.
- Naval Air Transport Service disestablished, 1 July 1948.
- Redesignated: Military Airlift Command on January 1, 1966
- Inactivated on June 1, 1992.
Go To Top of Page
Go To Issue Regulations for Other Medals and Badges