US Army Combat Leader Tab
Example Display Recognition:
Actual Size: 8 1/2 x 11
You have four display types to choose from:
Black & White (No Color)
Heavy Bond Enclosure
|Heavy Bond Enclosure|
Colors: Regal, Black, Navy
Trimmed in Appearance Gold
Ready for Mantle or Shelf Display
You must submit the followind:
This Display Recognition is available ONLY to authorized recipients who possess orders, or authorization form, or release documentation that confirms award eligibility. (See "Issue Requirements"). To obtain either a Display or a Display Recognition for your authorized award you will be required to provide military-issued documentation authorizing your award. There are no exceptions.
You must NOT submit a military issued document or photocopy that:
|Style||Admin||Shipping||Total||Full Color .PDF (Printable)||$7.50||Emailed||$7.50||Document only (Full Color)||$14.00||$9.90||$23.90||Document in Heavy Bond Enclosure (Full Color)||$19.00||$9.90||$25.75||Printable Certificates on CD-Rom or by Email; Full Color
(minimum 20 Certificates)
You may apply for your Display Recognition using a...
(* Upon reception of required documentation)
Complete and MAIL this APPLICATION FORM.
Don't forget to include an unaltered COPY of your DD-214, WD AGO 53-55 or other pre-arranged document(s).
US Army Combat Leader Tab Display Recognition Inquiry
Telephone: 1-562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone)
US Army Combat Leader Tab
Click for larger image
28-21. Leaders identification insignia
a. Leaders in all units (Active Army, Army National Guard, and Army Reserves), regardless of unit category
(MTOE or TDA), will wear the leaders identification (LI) insignia
b. The following specific leaders are authorized to wear the leaders identification insignia.
(2) Deputy commanders.
(3) Platoon leaders.
(4) Command sergeants major.
(5) First sergeants.
(6) Platoon sergeants.
(7) Section leaders.
(8) Squad leaders and tank commanders.
(9) Team leaders.
(10) Assistant SF detachment commanders.
(11) SF operational detachment "B" sergeants major.
(12) SF operational detachment "A" senior sergeants.
c. The LI insignia is a green cloth loop, 1 and 5/8th inches wide, worn in the middle of both shoulder loops on the Army
green coat, the cold-weather coat (field jacket) and on the center tab of the extended cold-weather clothing system
(ECWCS) (Gortex) parka. When the LI is worn on the parka, personnel wear their grade insignia centered on the LI.
Personnel may wear pin-on grade insignia, or they may sew onto the LI the same cloth grade insignia that is worn on
the collars of the utility uniform (see fig 28-137).
d. Personnel will not wear the LI when reassigned from a command position or from an organization designated
above, or when taking an official photo.
Originated in the European Theater of Operations in June 1944, when it was authorized for wear by commanders at all levels from Squad to Army. It was authorized for wear by other officers and NCO's whose role in combat required them to exercise the function of command.
ALARACT 062/2004 Wear Of The Leaders Identification Insignia
Subject: wear of the leaders identification insignia
A. AR 670-1, 5 SEP 03, Wear And Appearance Of Army Uniforms And Insignia.
1. This message serves as implementing instructions to a change to AR 670-1, Paragraph 28-21 on the wear of the leaders identification insignia.
2. The army is an expeditionary force that challenges our leaders army-wide to remain vigilant and committed to lead, support, and together win the global war on terrorism. These warfighters are best served by recognizing their skills, courage, and commitment in fighting today's unconventional war.
3. To this effect, the current policy of combat arms (CA) soldiers wearing the combat leaders identification insignia on the uniform is expanded to include leaders of combat support (cs) and combat service support (css) units. additionally, based on these new combative roles our leaders engage in while in the "fighting field" (whether in conus or abroad) the cli insignia requires an alignment in its name to identify today's leaders as unconventional warfighters. to this effect, the insignia currently known as the cli is renamed as the "leaders identification" insignia.
4. Leaders must ensure compliance with the following policy change: a. authorize the wear of the leaders identification insignia to all ca, cs, and css leaders as follows:
(2) Deputy Commanders.
(3) Platoon Leaders.
(4) Command Sergeants Major.
(5) First Sergeants.
(6) Platoon Sergeants.
(7) Section Leaders
(8) Squad Leaders And Tank Commanders.
(9) Team Leaders.
(10) Assistant SF Detachment Commanders.
(11) SF Operational Detachment "B" Sergeants Major.
(12) SF Operational Detachment "A" Senior Sergeants.
B. The leaders identification insignia is a green cloth loop, 1 5/8 inches wide, worn in the middle of both shoulder loops on the army green coat, the cold-weather coat (field jacket) and on the center tab of the extended cold-weather clothing system (ecwcs) (gortex) parka. when the leaders identification insignia is worn on the parka, personnel wear their grade insignia centered on the insignia. personnel may wear pin-on grade insignia, or they may sew onto the li insignia, the same cloth grade insignia that is worn on the collars of the utility uniform.
C. Personnel will not wear the leaders identification insignia when reassigned from a command position, or when taking an official photo.
5. The new policy is in effect upon the leaders' ability to procure the insignias; however, mandatory wear date of the leaders identification insignia on the uniforms listed above is nlt 11 Sep 04.
This change does not revoke previous authorizations during previous wars.