- Example Display Recognition
- Click Here to EMAIL THIS PAGE to a friend
- Display Types
- Issue Requirements
- Issue Regulations
- Who May Apply
- Administration Processing and Delivery
- How To Apply For This Display Recognition and/or Medal
- Mailing Address
- Other Display Recognitions
- Naval Master Resource Guide
Example Navy Recognition Displayed
All Service Branches Available
All levels: Marksman, Sharpshooter and Expert available.
Who May Apply
You have two display types to choose from:
Document Only for Framing
Heavy Bond Enclosure
You must submit the following:
- An unaltered photocopy of your DD-214 displaying your qualification. (Navy and Coast Guard Gunner's Mates, Army are Marine Infantry Corps personnel automatically eligible for Marksman Level).
This Display Recognition is available ONLY to authorized recipients who possess orders, or authorization form, or release documentation that confirms award eligibility. (See "Issue Requirements"). To obtain either a Display Medal or a Display Recognition for your authorized award you will be required to provide military-issued documentation authorizing your award. There are no exceptions.
You must NOT submit a military issued document or photocopy that:
- has been altered in any way by you after
the original's official issue
- contains information or corrections or
additions that you entered
- lists awards or training you knowingly did not receive
- contains highlighting, colorizing or other markings you entered
Be advised that on request any knowingly fraudulent document sent by you will be released to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) that may result in prosecution and/or fine/imprisonment.
Email Questions, or Phone: 562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone)
Processing and Delivery
||Total||Full Color .PDF (Printable)
||Published Document only (Full Color)
||Published Document in Heavy Bond Enclosure (Full Color)
||Printable Certificates on CD-Rom or by Email;
(minimum 20 Certificates)
- * Total/Shipping fees, above, apply to 50 U.S. states
- * Contact The War Library for international shipping cost
How to Apply
You may apply for your Display Recognition using a...
- Check Debit card (* Shipped within 1 week)
- Charge card (* Shipped within 1 week)
- Personal, Business, Bank or Cashiers Check ( Shipped in 6 weeks)
- Money Order (* Shipped in 6 weeks)
(* Upon reception of required documentation)
Complete and MAIL this APPLICATION FORM.
DISPLAY RECOGNITION and/or MEDAL APPLICATION FORM
Don't forget to include an unaltered COPY of your DD-214, WD AGO 53-55 or other pre-arranged document(s).
Records Chief (REC-AMW)
The American War Library
817 East Via Carmelitos
Virginia Building 319
Long Beach CA 90805-7549
Click here for answers to common questionsEmail: M-249 Machinegun Display Recognition Inquiry
Telephone: 1-562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone)
Copyright © The American War Library
Military and Veteran Websites
The G.I. Photograph Museum of Honor
Locator Registry Applications
Accessing The Worldwide Military Personnel Database
Go To Top of Page
Click Certificate for larger image
Authorized for qualifying performance per standards set at time of testing (which may vary at different times and at different test installations). (Navy and Coast Guard Gunner's Mates, Army are Marine Infantry Corps personnel automatically eligible for Marksman Level).
Go To Issue Regulations for Other Medals and Badges