- Sample Replacement Recognition
- Applicable Military Branches
- Replacement Types
- Issue Requirements
- Issue Regulations
- Who May Apply
- Administration Processing and Delivery
- How To Apply For This Display Recognition and/or Medal
- Mailing Address
- Other Replacement Recognitions
Sample Replacement Recognition:
All Five Service Branches, Army, Coast Guard,
Marine and Navy are Applicable.
All Military Service branches are applicable:
Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy
Who May Apply
You have four display types to choose from:
Black & White (No Color)
Heavy Bond Enclosure
||Heavy Bond Enclosure|
Colors: Regal, Black, Navy
Trimmed in Appearance Gold
Ready for Mantle or Shelf Display
You must submit the following:
- An unaltered photocopy of your DD-214 or other military issued document clearly displaying your award of the United Nations Service Medal for service in Special Service.
- Contact The War Library if you do not have a DD-214 or: 1-562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone).
This Replacement Recognition is available ONLY to authorized recipients who possess orders, or authorization form, or release documentation that confirms award eligibility. (See "Issue Requirements"). To obtain either a Replacement Medal or a Replacement Recognition for your authorized award you will be required to provide military-issued documentation authorizing your award. There are no exceptions.
You must NOT submit a military issued document or photocopy that:
- has been altered in any way by you after
the original's official issue
- contains information or corrections or
additions that you entered
- lists awards or training you knowingly did not receive
- contains highlighting, colorizing or other markings you entered
Be advised that on request any knowingly fraudulent document sent by you will be released to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) that may result in prosecution and/or fine/imprisonment.
Email Questions, or Phone / Fax: 1-562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone)
Processing and Delivery
||Total||Full Color .PDF (Printable)
||Published Document only (Full Color)
||Published Document in Heavy Bond Enclosure (Full Color)
||Full Color Printable Certificates
on CD-Rom (minimum 20 Certificates)
- Total/Shipping fees, above, apply to 50 U.S. states
- Contact The War Library for international shipping cost
How to Apply
You may apply for your Replacement Recognition using a...
- Check Debit card (* Shipped within 1 week)
- Charge card (* Shipped within 1 week)
- Personal or Business Check ( Shipped in 6 weeks)
- Money Order (* Shipped within 1 week)
(* Upon reception of required documentation)
Complete and MAIL this APPLICATION FORM.
DISPLAY RECOGNITION and/or MEDAL APPLICATION FORM
Don't forget to include an unaltered COPY of your DD-214 or other pre-arranged document(s).
Records Chief (REC-AMW)
The American War Library
817 East Via Carmelitos Ste 319
Long Beach CA 90805-7549
Click here for answers to common questionsEmail: UN Special Service Replacement Recognition Inquiry
Telephone: 1-562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone)
This medal was created in 1995 to recognise United Nations service of at least 90 days duration by military personnel and civilian police for which no other award is authorised. The Sovereign has given approval for New Zealand Defence Force personnel to wear the United Nations Special Service Medal for service in the following United Nations missions:
- United Nations Mine Clearance Training Team (UNMCTT) - Pakistan and Afghanistan, 1989-1991
- United Nations Special Commission on Iraq (UNSCOM) - 1991-1999
- Cambodian Mine Action Centre (CMAC) - since 1993
- UN Department of Humanitarian Affairs Accelerated De-Mining Programme (MADP) - Mozambique, since 1995
- United Nations De-Mining Programme (National Institute for the Removal of Obstacles and Explosive Ordnance (INAROE, 1997-2000), - Angola, 1997-2000
- Programme for the Assistance to the Lao National Unexploded Ordnance Programme (UXOL) - Laos, 1997-2003
- United Nations Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission (UNMOVIC) - Iraq, 2002-2003
- Other missions previously awarded a UN mission medal for a fixed time period that has expired.
Copyright © The American War Library
Military and Veteran Websites
The G.I. Photograph Museum of Honor
Locator Registry Applications
Accessing The Worldwide Military Personnel Database