Republic of Korea Service
Example Display Recognition:
Actual Size: 8 1/2 x 11
Displayed: Marine Corps.
All Five Service Branches, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard,
Marine and Navy are Applicable.
All Military Service branches are applicable:
Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy
You have four display types to choose from:
Black & White (No Color)
Heavy Bond Enclosure
|Heavy Bond Enclosure|
Colors: Regal, Black, Navy
Trimmed in Appearance Gold
Ready for Mantle or Shelf Display
You must submit the following:
This Display Recognition is available ONLY to authorized recipients who possess orders, or authorization form, or release documentation that confirms award eligibility. (See "Issue Requirements"). To obtain either a Display Medal or a Display Recognition for your authorized award you will be required to provide military-issued documentation authorizing your award. There are no exceptions.
You must NOT submit a military issued document or photocopy that:
|Style||Admin||Shipping||Total||Full Color .PDF (Printable)||$7.50||Emailed||$7.50||Published Document only (Full Color)||$14.00||$8.35||$22.35||Published Document in Heavy Bond Enclosure (Full Color)||$19.00||$8.35||$27.35||Full Color Printable Certificates
on CD-Rom (minimum 20 Certificates)
You may apply for your Display Recognition using a...
(* Upon reception of required documentation)
Complete and MAIL this APPLICATION FORM.
Don't forget to include an unaltered COPY of your DD-214 or other pre-arranged document(s).
The Korean Service Medal:
The Korean Service Medal was awarded for service between 27 June 1950 and 27 July 1954 under and of the following conditions:
Executive Order 10179
Establishing the Korean Service Medal
Source: The provisions of Executive Order 10179 of Nov. 8, 1950, appear at 15 FR 7665, 3 CFR, 1949-1953 Comp., p. 362, unless otherwise noted.
1. There is hereby established the Korean Service Medal, with suitable appurtenances, for award, under such regulations as the Secretaries of the Army, Navy, and Air Force and the Secretary of the Treasury may severally prescribe, and subject to the provisions of this order, to members of the armed forces of the United States who during any period between June 27, 1950, inclusive, and a terminal date to be fixed by the Secretary of Defense shall have served within the area or areas of military operations in the Korean theater.
[Sec. 1 amended by EO 10429 of Jan. 17, 1953, 18 FR 408, 3 CFR 1949-1953 Comp., p. 927]
2. The regulations prescribed by the Secretaries of the Army, Navy, and Air Force pursuant to paragraph 1 hereof shall be uniform so far as practicable and shall be approved by the Secretary of Defense. The regulations prescribed by the Secretary of the Treasury pursuant to paragraph 1 hereof shall, so far as practicable, be uniform with the regulations prescribed by the Secretaries of the Army, Navy, and Air Force and approved by the Secretary of Defense pursuant to the said paragraph.
[Sec. 2 amended by EO 10429 of Jan. 17, 1953, 18 FR 408, 3 CFR 1949-1953 Comp., p. 927]
3. The term "Korean theater", as used in paragraph 1 hereof, shall be defined in the regulations prescribed pursuant to the said paragraph.
4. No person shall be entitled to more than one award of the Korean Service Medal.
5. The Korean Service Medal may be awarded posthumously.