Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal
Sample Display Recognition:
All Five Service Branches, Army, Coast Guard,
Marine and Navy are Applicable.
All Military Service branches are applicable:
Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy
You have four display types to choose from:
Black & White (No Color)
Heavy Bond Enclosure
|Heavy Bond Enclosure|
Colors: Regal, Black, Navy
Trimmed in Appearance Gold
Ready for Mantle or Shelf Display
You must submit the following:
This Display Recognition is available ONLY to authorized recipients who possess orders, or authorization form, or release documentation that confirms award eligibility. (See "Issue Requirements"). To obtain either a Display or a Display Recognition for your authorized award you will be required to provide military-issued documentation authorizing your award. There are no exceptions.
You must NOT submit a military issued document or photocopy that:
|Style||Admin||Shipping||Total||Full Color .PDF (Printable)||$7.50||Emailed||$7.50||Published Document only (Full Color)||$14.00||$8.35||$22.35||Published Document in Heavy Bond Enclosure (Full Color)||$19.00||$8.35||$27.35||Printable Certificates on CD-Rom;
(minimum 20 Certificates)
You may apply for your Display Recognition using a...
(* Upon reception of required documentation)
Complete and MAIL this APPLICATION FORM.
Don't forget to include an unaltered COPY of your DD-214, WD AGO 53-55 or other pre-arranged document(s).
Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal Display Recognition Inquiry
Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal
Click Certificate for larger image
a. Authorization. E.O. of 30 March 2016.
b. Eligibility Requirements.
(1) Service by military personnel in direct support of OIR, in the designated Area of Eligibility (AOE), which encompasses all land area of the countries of Iraq and Syria, the contiguous water out to 12 nautical miles, and all air space above these waters and land area.
(2) The period of eligibility is from 15 June 2014 to a date to be determined. Service Members who qualified for the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal (GWOTEM) between 15 June 2014 and 30 March 2016 within the IRCM AOE remain qualified for the GWOTEM. However, any such Service Members may elect the IRCM in lieu of the GWOTEM for such service provided they meet the eligibility criteria. Effective 31 March 2016, the IRCM is the only award authorized for service in the IRCM AOE.
(3) Service Members must have been permanently assigned, attached, or detailed to a unit operating in the AOE for 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days, or meet one of the following criteria:
c. Order of Precedence. The IRCM is worn after the Iraq Campaign Medaland before the GWOTEM.
d. Subsequent Awards.
e. Authorized Devices.
f. Awarding Authority
(2) Marine Corps Personnel. Commanding Officers exercising Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal awarding authority are authorized to award the IRCM and bronze campaign stars. Commands shall make appropriate entries in the Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS) and service record, and issue the medals and bronze campaign stars. The service record entry made at the time of the initial award will also serve to authorize the first campaign star. Additional campaign stars require a subsequent service record entry documenting the first day of qualifying service in that designated phase for the IRCM. Marines attached to DoD, Joint, or other non-USMC commands who believe they meet the eligibility criteria should have their command confirm eligibility and submit the appropriate MCTFS and service record documentation. Questions regarding eligibility should be addressed to Commandant of the Marine Corps (MMMA), 2008 Elliot Rd, Quantico, VA 22134-5030.
The Secretary of Defense announced the creation of the Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal. The IRCM provides distinct recognition to those service members who are serving, or have served, in Iraq, Syria, or contiguous waters or airspace on or after June 15, 2014, to a future date to be determined by the Secretary of Defense. Award of the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal previously authorized to recognize service in Iraq and Syria for Operation Inherent Resolve is hereby terminated.
The IRCM shall be awarded to each Service member who, on or after June 15, 2014, was permanently assigned, attached, or detailed for 30 consecutive days or 60 non-consecutive days to a unit operating in the area of eligibility, or who meets one of the following criteria regardless of time spent in the AOE:
The AOE encompasses the land area of the countries of Iraq and Syria, the contiguous waters of each extending out to 12 nautical miles, and the air space above the land area and contiguous waters. Aircrew members accrue one day of eligibility for each day they fly into, out of, within, or over the AOE. The IRCM is not authorized for foreign military personnel.
The decorated star panels are common in the Arabian and Moorish styles of ornament. A scorpion is a symbol for treachery and destructive forces. The eagle is a national emblem and ancient symbol of power and victory. The color combination in the ribbon was inspired by The Ishtar Gate and the color of sand.
A separate bronze campaign star is worn on the IRCM suspension and campaign ribbon to recognize each designated campaign phase in which the member participated for one or more days. A silver campaign star is worn in lieu of five bronze campaign stars.
The award is retroactive to June 15, 2014.
Executive Order Establishing The Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including my authority as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:
Section 1. Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal. There is hereby established the Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal with suitable appurtenances. Except as limited in section 2 of this order, and under regulations to be prescribed by the Secretary of Defense, or under regulations to be prescribed by the Secretary of Homeland Security with respect to the Coast Guard when it is not operating as a service in the Navy, the Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal shall be awarded to members of the Armed Forces of the United States who serve or have served in Iraq, Syria, or contiguous waters or airspace on or after June 15, 2014, and before a terminal date to be prescribed by the Secretary of Defense.
Sec. 2. Relationship to Other Awards. Notwithstanding section 1 of Executive Order 13289 of March 12, 2003, Establishing the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, any member who qualified for that medal by reason of service in Iraq, Syria, or contiguous waters or airspace between June 15, 2014, and a terminal date to be determined by the Secretary of Defense, shall remain qualified for that medal. Upon application, a member by reason of service in Iraq, Syria, or contiguous waters or airspace may be awarded the Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal in lieu of the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal. A member may be awarded either the Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal or the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal by reason of service in Iraq, Syria, or contiguous waters or airspace. No member shall be entitled to the award of more than one of these two medals for the same period of service.
Sec. 3. Posthumous Award. The Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal may be awarded posthumously to any person covered by and under regulations prescribed in accordance with the first section of this order.
Sec. 4. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:
(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or
(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.
1. This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations. 2. This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.
1. This message will expire on 10 JUL 18.
2. The purpose of this message is to announce recent Department of Defense changes effecting the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal (GWOTEM), the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal (GWOTSM), and the Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal (IRCM).
3. The Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Manpower and Reserve Affairs) has announced the award of the GWOTEM and the GWOTSM for Operation ODYSSEY LIGHTNING (OOL). The GWOTEM and GWOTSM are approved for the period of 1 Aug 16 through 19 Dec 16.
a. The associated GWOTEM Area Of Eligibility (AOE) for OOL is: Algeria, Chad, Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Libya, Niger, Spain, Tunisia, and the Mediterranean Sea from the Straits of Gibraltar to 25 East Longitude. In accordance with reference B, paragraph 2-18b(2), all foreign land, water, and airspaces in the designated AOE are included.
b. The seven approved GWOTEM operations are as follows:
Enduring Freedom (OEF) 11 Sep 01 - To Be Determined (TBD)
Iraqi Freedom (OIF) 19 Mar 03 - 31 Aug 10
Nomad Shadow (ONS) 5 Nov 07 - TBD
New Dawn (OND) 1 Sep 10 - 31 Dec 11
Inherent Resolve (OIR) 15 Jun 14 - TBD
Freedom's Sentinel (OFS) 1 Jan 15 - TBD
Odyssey Lightning (OOL) 1 Aug 16 - 19 Dec 16
The GWOTEM is authorized for Soldiers who deploy in support of an approved operation in the designated AOE. There is no associated deployment requirement in order to qualify for the award of the GWOTSM. Soldiers must meet the criteria for the award of the GWOTEM in reference B, paragraph 2-18 and the criteria for award of the GWOTSM in reference B, paragraph 2-19, before being awarded either medal. Soldiers may be awarded both the GWOTEM and GWOTSM if they meet the criteria for both awards; however, the qualifying period used to establish eligibility for one award cannot justify eligibility for the other award.