- Example Display Recognition
- Applicable Military Branches
- Display Types
- Issue Requirements
- Administration Processing and Delivery
- How To Apply For This Display Recognition and/or Medal
- Mailing Address
- Other Display Recognitions
Example Display Recognition:
Actual Size: 8 1/2 x 11
(Displayed below: United States Army
U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps
Army, Marine Corps
Who May Apply
You have four display types to choose from:
Black & White (No Color)
Heavy Bond Enclosure
||Heavy Bond Enclosure|
Colors: Regal, Black, Navy
Trimmed in Appearance Gold
Ready for Mantle or Shelf Display
You must submit:
- A photocopy of your DD-214 (post WW2), or WD AGO 53-55 (WW2), or Appointment Order, or other military issued document clearly displaying your Battlefield promotion.
Your photocopy must be mailed or faxed to the address below.
This Display Recognition is available ONLY to authorized recipients who possess orders, or authorization form, or release documentation that confirms award eligibility. (See "Issue Requirements"). To obtain either a Display Medal or a Display Recognition for your authorized award you will be required to provide military-issued documentation authorizing your award. There are no exceptions.
You must NOT submit a military issued document or photocopy that:
- has been altered in any way by you after
the original's official issue
- contains information or corrections or
additions that you entered
- lists awards or training you knowingly did not receive
- contains highlighting, colorizing or other markings you entered
Be advised that on request any knowingly fraudulent document sent by you will be released to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) that may result in prosecution and/or fine/imprisonment.
Email Questions, or Phone / Fax: 1-562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone)
You may NOT email a digitized copy.
Processing and Delivery
||Total||Full Color .PDF (Printable)
||Published Document only (Full Color)
||Heavy Bond Enclosure (Full Color)
- Total/Shipping fees, above, apply to 50 U.S. states
- Contact The War Library for international shipping cost
How to Apply
You may apply for your Display Recognition using a...
- Check Debit card (* Shipped within 1 week)
- Charge card (* Shipped within 1 week)
- Personal, Business, Bank or Cashiers Check ( Shipped in 6 weeks)
- Money Order (* Shipped within 1 week)
(* Upon reception of required documentation)
Complete and MAIL this APPLICATION FORM.
DISPLAY RECOGNITION and/or MEDAL APPLICATION FORM
Don't forget to include a copy of your DD-214 or other required document(s).
Records Chief (REC-AMW)
The American War Library
817 East Via Carmelitos Ste 319
Long Beach CA 90805-7549
Click here for answers to common questionsEmail: Prisoner of War Medal Recognition Inquiry
Telephone: 1-562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone)
Copyright © The American War Library
Military and Veteran Websites
The G.I. Photograph Museum of Honor
Locator Registry Applications
Accessing The Worldwide Military Personnel Database