- Example Display Recognition
- Click Here to EMAIL THIS PAGE to a friend
- Applicable Military Branches
- Display Types
- Issue Requirements
- Issue Regulations
- Non-Qualifiers for the BP Ribbon
- Who May Apply
- Administration Processing and Delivery
- How To Apply For This Display Recognition and/or
- Mailing Address
- Other Display Recognitions
- Military Service Master Resource Guides
Example Display Recognition:
All Five Service Branches, Army, Coast Guard,
Marine and Navy are Applicable.
All Military Service branches are applicable:
Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy
Who May Apply
You have four display types to choose from:
Black & White (No Color)
Heavy Bond Enclosure
||Heavy Bond Enclosure|
Colors: Regal, Black, Navy
Trimmed in Appearance Gold
Ready for Mantle or Shelf Display
You must submit the following:
- An unaltered photocopy of your DD-214, WD AGO, NAVPERS, NG or other Report of Separation, and if necessary, other military issued documentation that clearly displays qualifiable Battle Participation.
This Display Recognition is available ONLY to authorized recipients who possess military issued documentation displaying their participation in a qualifiable, enemy associated event. (See "Issue Requirements"). To obtain either a Display or a Display Recognition for your authorized award you will be required to provide military-issued documentation authorizing your award. There are no exceptions.
You must NOT submit a military issued document or photocopy that:
- has been altered in any way by you after
the original's official issue
- contains information or corrections or
additions that you entered
- lists awards or training you knowingly did not receive
- contains highlighting, colorizing or other markings you entered
Be advised that on request any knowingly fraudulent document sent by you will be released to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) that may result in prosecution and/or fine/imprisonment.
Email Questions, or Phone / Fax: 1-562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone)
Processing and Delivery
||Total||Full Color .PDF (Printable)
||Published Document only (Full Color)
||Heavy Bond Enclosure (Full Color)
- *** USPS Shipping fee based on 1-3 Certificates shipped to any U.S. state, FPO or APO
- ** USPS Shipping fee based on 1-10 Certificates shipped to any U.S. state, FPO or APO
- Contact The War Library for international shipping cost
How to Apply
You may apply for your Display Recognition using a...
- Check Debit card (* Shipped within 1 week)
- Charge card (* Shipped within 1 week)
- Personal, Business, Bank or Cashiers Check ( Shipped in 6 weeks)
- Money Order (* Shipped within 1 week)
(* Upon reception of required documentation)
Complete and MAIL this APPLICATION FORM.
DISPLAY RECOGNITION and/or APPLICATION FORM
Don't forget to include an unaltered COPY of your DD-214, WD AGO 53-55 or other pre-arranged document(s).
Records Chief (REC-AMW)
The American War Library
817 East Via Carmelitos
Virginia Building 319Long Beach CA 90805-7549
Click here for answers to common questionsEmail: Battle Participation Ribbon Display Recognition Inquiry
Telephone / Fax: 1-562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone)
Copyright © The American War Library
Military and Veteran Websites
The G.I. Photograph Museum of Honor
Locator Registry Applications
Accessing The Worldwide Military Personnel Database
Battle Participation Ribbon
Click Certificate for larger image
The Battle Participation Ribbon (BPR) acknowledges individuals who were directly exposed to an enemy or friendly fire caused hostile action that does not rise to the level of a combat action ribbon, badge or medal. Current Status of Award pending Congressional approval: Commemorative. Default recipients: Valor, combat award documented. See also: americanwarlibrary.com/personnel/battle.htm
Non-Qualifiers for the BP Ribbon
- INCIDENTS: Actions in which one side commits provocations to incite or excite but do not result in any armed or physical exchange with the other side.
- SKIRMISHES: Actions in which one side may fire weapons to intimidate or produce a reaction from the side but no serious attempt is made to inflict harm on either side.
Qualifiers for the BP Ribbon
- CONFLICTS: Actions in which one or both sides desire to inflict physical harm.
Go To Top of Page
Go To Issue Regulations for Other Medals and Badges