- Example Display Recognition
- Applicable Military Branches
- Display Types
- Issue Requirements
- Issue Regulations
- Who May Apply
- Administration Processing and Delivery
- How To Apply For This Display Recognition and/or Medal
- Mailing Address
- Other Display Recognitions
- Air Service Websites
Example Display Recognition:
Actual Size: 8 1/2 x 11
Displayed: Air Force.
All Five Service Branches, Army, Coast Guard,
Marine, Navy and combat theater Merchant Marine applicable from President's George Washington to current.
Example: President Dwight David Eisenhower
All Military Service branches are applicable:
Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, and combat theater Merchant Marine.
Who May Apply
You have four display types to choose from:
Black & White (No Color)
Heavy Bond Enclosure
||Heavy Bond Enclosure|
Colors: Regal, Black, Navy
Trimmed in Appearance Gold
Ready for Mantle or Shelf Display
You must submit the following:
- An unaltered photocopy of your DD-214, WD AGO, NAVPERS, NG or other military issued document clearly displaying your award of the Appreciation of Service.
- Contact The War Library if you do not have a DD-214, WD AGO, NAVPERS, NG or other Report of Separation: 1-562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone).
This Display Recognition is available ONLY to authorized recipients who possess orders, or authorization form, or release documentation that confirms award eligibility. (See "Issue Requirements"). To obtain either a Display Medal or a Display Recognition for your authorized award you will be required to provide military-issued documentation authorizing your award. There are no exceptions.
You must NOT submit a military issued document or photocopy that:
- has been altered in any way by you after
the original's official issue
- contains information or corrections or
additions that you entered
- lists awards or training you knowingly did not receive
- contains highlighting, colorizing or other markings you entered
Be advised that on request any knowingly fraudulent document sent by you will be released to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) that may result in prosecution and/or fine/imprisonment.
Email Questions, or Phone: 1-562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone)
Processing and Delivery
||Total||Full Color .PDF (Printable)
||Published Document only (Full Color)
||Published Document in Heavy Bond Enclosure (Full Color)
||Full Color Printable Certificates
on CD-Rom (minimum 20 Certificates)
- *** USPS USPS Shipping fee based on 1 Certificate shipped to any U.S. state, FPO or APO
- ** USPS USPS Shipping fee based on 1 Certificate shipped to any U.S. state, FPO or APO
- Contact The War Library for international shipping cost
How to Apply
You may apply for your Display Recognition using a...
- Check Debit card (* Shipped within 1 week)
- Charge card (* Shipped within 1 week)
- Personal, Business, Bank or Cashiers Check ( Shipped in 6 weeks)
- Money Order (* Shipped in 6 weeks)
(* Upon reception of required documentation)
Complete and MAIL this APPLICATION FORM.
DISPLAY RECOGNITION and/or MEDAL APPLICATION FORM
Don't forget to include an unaltered COPY of your DD-214, WD AGO 53-55 or other pre-arranged document(s).
Records Chief (REC-AMW)
The American War Library
817 East Via Carmelitos Ste 319
Long Beach CA 90805-7549
Click here for answers to common questionsEmail: Appreciation of Service Display Recognition Inquiry
Telephone: 1-562-422-4100 (Pacific Time Zone)
Copyright © The American War Library
Military and Veteran Websites
The G.I. Photograph Museum of Honor
Locator Registry Applications
Accessing The Personnel Registry
Appreciation of Service
Click for larger image
The Appreciation of Service recognition is authorized to all Honorably Discharged personnel of all Service Branches: Active, Guard, Reserve Coast Guard and Merchant Marines accredited for Honorable Service by the Coast Guard. Retroactive to Revolutionary War. (Confederate States of the Civil War personnel are ineligible.)
Go To Top of Page
Go To Issue Regulations for Other Medals and Badges